- Showcasing the best in online maps and mapping.
- New Arctic Ice Thickness Map
- Life Expectancy in the U.S.
- Mapping the spread of the Cordón Caulle volcano ash cloud
- Visualize world flights on a 3D globe
- Socal Networking Map of the World (June 2011)
- Before and after aerial imagery of the Wallow Fire, Arizona
- The Dangers of New York City Traffic
- Explore the Sun with Helioviewer
Tag Archives: Twitter
Via The Guardian comes word of a news mapping system, Kazemill, which uses Twitter to map spread of illnesses. The system performs a real time search for geo-locatedTweets referring to various illnesses, then maps these out. The company behind the … Continue reading
Another mash-up based on events following the Japan earthquake. Webnode’s time-animated map lets you compare two sets of information: A simulation mapping the progress of the radioactive plume from the Fukushima nuclear plant, produced by ZAMG. The one we’ve seen before. A … Continue reading
In response to the lack of any internal independent reporting on the crisis in Libya, Twitter user @arasmus has created a Google My Maps mash up for ‘Mapping Violence Against Pro-Democracy Protests in Libya‘. The map is based on reports … Continue reading