- Showcasing the best in online maps and mapping.
- New Arctic Ice Thickness Map
- Life Expectancy in the U.S.
- Mapping the spread of the Cordón Caulle volcano ash cloud
- Visualize world flights on a 3D globe
- Socal Networking Map of the World (June 2011)
- Before and after aerial imagery of the Wallow Fire, Arizona
- The Dangers of New York City Traffic
- Explore the Sun with Helioviewer
Tag Archives: Tornado watch
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) has published a detailed aerial survey of damage following the tornado which struck Joplin, Missouri on May 22, killing at least 125 people. This imagery, showing the full extent of the tornado’s groundtrack, … Continue reading
The National Weather Service has published a preliminary map of super-cell tracks from the historic tornado outbreak April 27, 2011. Click the image to see a hi-res version. Red indicates confirmed tornadoes rated higher than three on the Enhanced Fujita … Continue reading
New satellite images from GeoEye capture Tuscaloosa, Alabama on April 28, 2011 at 11:35 a.m, the day after a devastating tornado hit the city. Hover over the images below to compare this new imagery with photos of the same places … Continue reading
Severe Storms and tornadoes have killed almost three hundred people across the Southern United States. Alabama has been worst hit, including a massive tornado in the city of Tuscaloosa, AL, described by one meteorologist as the ‘worst in Alabama’s history’. … Continue reading