- Showcasing the best in online maps and mapping.
- New Arctic Ice Thickness Map
- Life Expectancy in the U.S.
- Mapping the spread of the Cordón Caulle volcano ash cloud
- Visualize world flights on a 3D globe
- Socal Networking Map of the World (June 2011)
- Before and after aerial imagery of the Wallow Fire, Arizona
- The Dangers of New York City Traffic
- Explore the Sun with Helioviewer
Tag Archives: Satellite
This Fascinating view of the earth is a global average of data recorded by the tongue twisting Sea-viewing Wide Field-of-view-Sensor (SeaWiFs) over the entirety of its 13 year operational history – 1996-2010. During its lifespan this sensor on GeoEye’s OrbView … Continue reading
Complete cloud-free satellite shots of Ireland are extremely rare. According to NASA’s Image of the day site: Ireland receives between 750 and 2000 millimeters (29 and 78 inches) of rain per year, with more rain falling in the west and … Continue reading
This is Nasa’s Terra satellite’s first look at the Sendai region of Japan following the earthquake and subsequent flooding from the tsunami. The photo on the left was captured February 26, 2011. That on the right on March 12, 2011, … Continue reading
Satellite company GeoEye has just released some high-resolution imagery of the protests in Bahrain, taken over Pearl Square in Manama on February 26. The half-meter imagery acquired by the Geo-Eye-1 satellite shows protesters gathered and camped in around the square. … Continue reading