- Showcasing the best in online maps and mapping.
- New Arctic Ice Thickness Map
- Life Expectancy in the U.S.
- Mapping the spread of the Cordón Caulle volcano ash cloud
- Visualize world flights on a 3D globe
- Socal Networking Map of the World (June 2011)
- Before and after aerial imagery of the Wallow Fire, Arizona
- The Dangers of New York City Traffic
- Explore the Sun with Helioviewer
Tag Archives: MODIS
This amazing NASA MODIS satellite photo captures Iceland’s most active volcano, Grímsvötn erupting on May 22, 2011. The image shows the ash column rising above cloud level, casting a shadow to the west. A brown plume of volcanic ash shrouds the southern … Continue reading
NASA’s Ozone Monitoring Instrument recently gathered information leading to these fascinating images of dust blown from the Sahara, several thousand miles across Europe. Red represents higher concentrations of particles, grey indicates areas with unreliable data or cloud cover. Over six … Continue reading