- Showcasing the best in online maps and mapping.
- New Arctic Ice Thickness Map
- Life Expectancy in the U.S.
- Mapping the spread of the Cordón Caulle volcano ash cloud
- Visualize world flights on a 3D globe
- Socal Networking Map of the World (June 2011)
- Before and after aerial imagery of the Wallow Fire, Arizona
- The Dangers of New York City Traffic
- Explore the Sun with Helioviewer
Tag Archives: Illinois
Google’s Crisis Response team has produced a new interactive map for anyone affected by the widespread flooding along the Mississippi River and watershed, caused by this Spring’s record rainfall. The map gathers together data sets from various official U.S. agencies … Continue reading
Satellite company GeoEye has released two new high-resolution images of the recent flooding along the Mississippi River. The first image shows flooding at the junction of the Mississippi and Ohio rivers, around Cairo, Illinois on May 8. Move the slider … Continue reading
A combination of heavy rain and large snow melt has caused devastating flooding in parts of the U.S. this spring. With water levels in some areas along the Mississippi river reaching near record heights. This new map, based on data … Continue reading
Rising flood waters along the Mississippi River and its tributaries are continuing to threaten communities across multiple US States. This set of before and after satellite shots from NASA compares the river system under normal conditions in 2010, with the … Continue reading