- Showcasing the best in online maps and mapping.
- New Arctic Ice Thickness Map
- Life Expectancy in the U.S.
- Mapping the spread of the Cordón Caulle volcano ash cloud
- Visualize world flights on a 3D globe
- Socal Networking Map of the World (June 2011)
- Before and after aerial imagery of the Wallow Fire, Arizona
- The Dangers of New York City Traffic
- Explore the Sun with Helioviewer
Tag Archives: Iceland
This amazing NASA MODIS satellite photo captures Iceland’s most active volcano, Grímsvötn erupting on May 22, 2011. The image shows the ash column rising above cloud level, casting a shadow to the west. A brown plume of volcanic ash shrouds the southern … Continue reading
Grímsvötn, Iceland’s most active volcano, started erupting Saturday May 21, 2011. Local flights have been grounded, and airlines have been warned the plume of volcanic ash could reach Scotland in a couple of days. The image above shows the eruption cloud drifting … Continue reading
A couple of links for some striking maps inspired by the album cover art of English post-punk band Joy Division. Whose 1979 debut album, Unknown Pleasures has a front cover consisting of a series of overlapping white line graphs, on … Continue reading