- Showcasing the best in online maps and mapping.
- New Arctic Ice Thickness Map
- Life Expectancy in the U.S.
- Mapping the spread of the Cordón Caulle volcano ash cloud
- Visualize world flights on a 3D globe
- Socal Networking Map of the World (June 2011)
- Before and after aerial imagery of the Wallow Fire, Arizona
- The Dangers of New York City Traffic
- Explore the Sun with Helioviewer
Tag Archives: Ethnicity
Policylink is a US research institute with an aim ‘to advance economic and social equity’. Its latest publication, Prosperity 2050, explores changes in the racial make-up of the nation and how current inequalities will impact economic growth, To put his … Continue reading
A couple of weeks ago I mentioned Eric Fischer’s beautiful race / ethnicity maps of American cities. Instead of using stark boundaries, racial groups are represented by coloured dots. The visualization technique was first used in this context by Bill … Continue reading
Eric Fischer has updated his superb maps of ethnicity based on the newly released 2010 US census block results. These pointillist images, covering more than a hundred cities, depict every 25 residents as a single dot. Each coloured according to … Continue reading
The New York Times has published an amazingly detailed interactive 2010 U.S. census map. The application lets you explore information about population growth and densities, ethnic concentrations and housing development patterns in a series of choropleth maps. Depending on the … Continue reading