- Showcasing the best in online maps and mapping.
- New Arctic Ice Thickness Map
- Life Expectancy in the U.S.
- Mapping the spread of the Cordón Caulle volcano ash cloud
- Visualize world flights on a 3D globe
- Socal Networking Map of the World (June 2011)
- Before and after aerial imagery of the Wallow Fire, Arizona
- The Dangers of New York City Traffic
- Explore the Sun with Helioviewer
Tag Archives: Climate
A research team led by scientists from the University of Arizona have used the National Elevation Dataset produced by the U.S. Geological Survey to predict how sea level rises could affect coastal cities by 2100. This is the first such … Continue reading
From the NASA Goddard Space Flight Center. A fascinating set of 3 synchronized movies showing evaporation, water vapor, and precipitation on a flattened image of the globe. NASA doesn’t go into a whole of detail about exactly what the animations … Continue reading