- Showcasing the best in online maps and mapping.
- New Arctic Ice Thickness Map
- Life Expectancy in the U.S.
- Mapping the spread of the Cordón Caulle volcano ash cloud
- Visualize world flights on a 3D globe
- Socal Networking Map of the World (June 2011)
- Before and after aerial imagery of the Wallow Fire, Arizona
- The Dangers of New York City Traffic
- Explore the Sun with Helioviewer
Tag Archives: Aftershocks
NASA Earth Observatory reports on an ongoing swarm of earthquakes near Hawthorne, Nevada. The quakes are concentrated over an area of about 10 square km (4 square miles) near Buller Mountain. Since April 10, 400 events with magnitude 1.0 and … Continue reading
An 8.9-magnitude earthquake struck 400km off the coast of Japan on Friday, triggering a devastating tsunami. Dozens of aftershocks, were felt after the quake. I’ve used seismic information from the United States Geological Survey (USGS) to create a time lapse … Continue reading