- Showcasing the best in online maps and mapping.
- New Arctic Ice Thickness Map
- Life Expectancy in the U.S.
- Mapping the spread of the Cordón Caulle volcano ash cloud
- Visualize world flights on a 3D globe
- Socal Networking Map of the World (June 2011)
- Before and after aerial imagery of the Wallow Fire, Arizona
- The Dangers of New York City Traffic
- Explore the Sun with Helioviewer
Tag Archives: Africa
NASA’s Ozone Monitoring Instrument recently gathered information leading to these fascinating images of dust blown from the Sahara, several thousand miles across Europe. Red represents higher concentrations of particles, grey indicates areas with unreliable data or cloud cover. Over six … Continue reading
A mapless map from Riccardo Pravettoni at UNEP/GRID-Arendal, a collaborating centre of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP). Using pie charts the inforgraphic visualizes the share of urban populations living in slums – areas defined as lacking infrastructure such … Continue reading
Test your knowledge on the greater Middle East and North Africa. Can you match the names to the countries on a map? Middle East map game