I mentioned previously what I thought was the biggest flaw with Google’s Street View – the lack of off road imagery. Appears Google understand that, and in the latest attempt to catalogue every bit of information about everything, Google has cut some deals with private property owners and deployed their fleet of Street View Trikes to photograph a bunch of locations inaccessible to cars.
As per usual with Google geo press releases, information about the exact whereabouts of all this new imagery is pretty vague, but a Latlong blog post highlights a few:
- Château de Chenonceauxin Civray-de-Touraine, France
- The National Botanic Gardens in Dublin
- Gardens at the San Diego Art Institute and Balboa Park in San Diego, California
Additionally, NBC New York are reporting that several college campuses in New York State have also been photographed:
- Cornell University
- Fordham University
- The College of Staten Island
- Ithaca College
- Rancho San Antonio Open Space Preserve
- University of San Diego
- Sea World Orlando
- Tunghai University in Taiwan
The panoramas are available in Google Maps and Google Earth.