Google’s Crisis Response team has produced a new interactive map for anyone affected by the widespread flooding along the Mississippi River and watershed, caused by this Spring’s record rainfall. The map gathers together data sets from various official U.S. agencies as well as other third parties:
- American Red Cross and NWS shelter location maps:
- High-resolution satellite imagery of the flooding from GeoEye covering Cairo and Olmsted, IL; Hickman, KY ;Memphis, TN and Morganza, LA
- Estimated peak crest extent from the US Army cops of Engineers
- NOAA potential flood impacts
- Flood photos from the Weather channel
The overlays are also available to download as KML files for Google Earth.